Home Run Sports has been Canada’s preferred baseball sports shop since 1986.
Our location in Mississauga is located near the QEW and Highway 427, offering easy access from anywhere in the Greater Toronto Area.
We invite you to check out our location today and see why customers have been raving about our service!
Below is what we will be doing to keep you SAFE at Home... Run Sports.
- Employees must stay home when ill and customers are not allowed entry if they are ill with COVID-19 symptoms.
- Hand Sanitizing stations will be available at the store entrance. Each employee and customer must use to disinfect their hands upon entry.
- Only 1 accompanying parent per child will be allowed, in order to limit traffic in the store
- Physical distancing guidelines will be enforced by staff throughout the store along with clear floor markings when lining up to pay.
- Fitting rooms will be closed at this time.
- Payment preferred Credit or Debit
- Protective screens have been installed at the check out counter
- We reserve the right to limit the number of customers in the store at all times.
- No public washroom available until further notice
- All high traffic surfaces will be cleaned throughout the day, including handheld payment machines after each use.
5 Popular Sports Teams and Leagues in Mississauga
After you’ve stopped by our sports goods store in Mississauga, we recommend checking out these fantastic local teams and leagues. Whether you’re looking to join the action or simply catch a local game, these are great choices!
The Raptors 905 is a basketball G League affiliate of the Toronto Raptors. The “905” monniker references the area code for much of the GTA’s suburban region, of which Mississauga is a part.
As a direct affiliate of the Toronto Raptors, the Raptors 905 occasionally plays home games at Scotiabank Arena, although its primary home court is the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
Dixie Soccer Club
The Dixie Soccer Club is a non-profit soccer association headquartered in Mississauga. They offer both recreational and competitive matches for players aged three and up, including adults.
The Dixie Soccer Club also offers training via the Goalkeeper Academy and Future Stars Skills Development.
Games are played at one of several fields throughout Mississauga, including Alison’s Park, Bloor Athletic Field, Brickyard Park, Dixie Public School, and the club’s own facility just off the 401.
Mississauga Warriors Football Club
The Mississauga Warriors Football Club offers pewee, bantam, junior varsity, and varsity divisions. This makes it the league of choice for many local footballers aged 19 and up.
Prostars FC is a Mississauga-based soccer team founded in 2013. They play in League1 Ontario, with home games at the Victoria Park Stadium.
The team’s focus is to develop on-field abilities in players of all ages. Tournaments abroad have also helped players in Prostars FC showcase their skills to recruiters in not just Canada but the United States and Europe as well.
The Mississauga Steelheads is a junior ice hockey team playing out of the Paramount Fine Foods Centre. The team was founded in 2012 following the sale of the Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors.
Several Mississauga Steelhead alumni have gone on to play in the NHL, including Nathan Bastian (New Jersey Devils), Trevor Carrick (San Jose Sharks), Stuart Percy (Toronto Maple Leafs), and Spencer Martin (Tampa Bay Lightning).